What a mess: grrrr
- I had an idea to post the most popular tweets
- I downloaded Twitter analytics data to find the most popular tweets
- I decided to start with last week’s best tweet
- When checking the analytics data against the actual tweet the numbers did not match
- I could see the spreadsheet data was corrupted
- No problem
- Download it again from Twitter
- Some sort of problem tonight….downloads keep failing from Twitter analytics
- great!!!! what do I do now?
- Grrr I am annoyed, ok got the emotional reaction done!
- Time to apply what I learned from Marcus Aurelius—The obstacle is the way.
Obstacles Versus A Mess
First look at the obstacle in the cold light of day, even if it is 2 in the morning.
I want to make a blog post of the best Tweets from last week, but the data is corrupt and I cannot get it fixed until Twitter gets over its issue with letting me download data again.
The obstacle is wanting to use last weeks best Tweet.
I have February’s data, and the numbers verify between my timeline and the spreadsheet.
I will blog about February’s best Tweet.
Key is to “see” the obstacle first. Then you can figure out a path to overcome the obstacle.
The Obstacle Is The Way
As I see life as a series of obstacles instead of just a mess getting things done becomes a lot easier.
I become aware that there is a big boulder in front of me instead of a mess.
A big boulder is more clear than imagining a mess.
Now analyze the boulder. I am not thinking of a solution yet, just identifying what the obstacle is.
That makes sense. If you do not know what the problem is, you will never figure out a solution to overcome the problem.
February’s Most Retweeted Tweet
I stuck this in as a bonus: now to work on the actual post.
If you have a Twitter account you should be able to interact with the embedded tweet below, such as favorite it or retweet it.
— Eчαυυκ Art (@EyauukArt) February 10, 2015